Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chores on the farm


Ralph makes a highly technical,
 fine adjustment,
with his hammer
 Subsequent to designing submitting the plans for the new ultra-modern, high tech, mobile, rabbit capsule, Justin appointed me Project Director, so I immediately hired myself as Construction Supervisor and set out to interview skilled craftsmen.  Unable to satisfy myself that any of the candidates were qualified, I hired myself to do the work (picture above), which may have been my first real mistake, because we had to keep slipping the schedule of the expectant mother rabbit; a matter about which she had no kind words.



And this is how we found out about
Ralph's allergy
 to bee stings!  Just kidding.
  
Here we have Justin appointing his father Director of Project Bees last week.   Justin said all would go well because Czech bees, unlike their vigilant and possessive American counterparts, were very friendly and the Michael Jackson gloves would work just fine while I put new frames into the bustling hives.  Well, this week my hands are no longer swollen and Justin's judgment has become a little suspect.




Tallest mushroom in the world
  

Once a cut hardwood log is 6-months + old, you can stick it in the ground and inoculate it with mushroom spawn.  A few months later you step out your backdoor and pick any one of a diverse supply of mature mushrooms for your cuisine.  The carved icons on top of the log were designed with a chainsaw; (I suspect so the mushrooms would know which tree stump was theirs.)
P.S.
I haven't seen a real Portabella yet, again I have to wonder about these old-timey, European, farming techniques, in America the mushrooms grow on the cool, moist shelves at Albertsons.


No comments:

Post a Comment